DENVER, Colo., Jul 18, 2022 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — U.S. Access Board next session to include EV Charging Stations, Kiosks, Information Transaction Machines and POS. Canada’s CSA Group is working on new guidelines, says the Kiosk Association (KMA). Point-of-Sale is likely to center on physical access by customers and audio? KMA is a participating sponsor for the ANSI EV Panel and on two working groups. See EV Panel post.
Important – input to the ANPRM is encouraged by ALL involved parties (restaurants and hotels and whatever). Once the comments close, it is impossible to add comments. ANSI EVSP is also open to participation by all companies. Make your viewpoint heard!
Updated Regulatory Brief — Point-by-point discussion of expected Access Board ANPRM & ANSI EV Roadmap, Assistive technology, ADA as non-delegable duty, and from the National Restaurant Association, a rare critique of upcoming ADPPA act and “alarming” provisions. Meanwhile, the HIPAA Modernization Commission continues working on HIPAA. We were interviewed for article on disability inclusion in workplace.
The federal government is ramping up, strongly, to get regulations in.
Related — Critical privacy considerations for public-facing technology is our feature article by Evan Schuman (Evan writes for Computerworld and TechCrunch). This is the part 1. Next month Evan may focus on healthcare.
* Critical Privacy Considerations For Kiosks – Feature Article
* How Popular is Self-Checkout at Supermarkets
* EV Electric Vehicles Standards Panel Sponsor
* Medical Grade Touchmonitors from TDS Touch
* Restaurant Kiosks – GRUBBRR Rolling out Samsung Kiosk – Case Study Data
* Disability Inclusion In Workplace Interview
* EV Charging Stations LG – LG Electronics Buys Mango
* Digital Wayfinding Kiosks at Phoenix Sky Harbor
* Payment Kiosks ISVPay and UCP Provide Omnichannel
* Hotel Check-In Kiosks HITEC
* Digital Wayfinding Smart City demo at recent InfoComm
* Self-Order Kiosk by LG Released in Korea
* Should Restaurant Accessibility Standards Include Digital Menus
* Digital Signage Software – Public Transport Case Study
Recent EV Charging Posts:
* Panasonic $4B plant to be in Kansas
* Canada EV Charging – 1.6 Million Needed
* EV Charging Stations LG – LG Buys Mango
* EV Range launch of fast chargers for electric vehicles in California.
* Walmart to buy 4,500 EVs for order delivery
For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://kioskindustry.org/.
Since 1996 for 26 years serving the self-service technology market. For a complete list of verticals visit The Industry Group (https://industrygroup.org/)
News Source: Kiosk Association
Related link: https://kioskindustry.org/
This press release was issued on behalf of the news source, who is solely responsible for its accuracy, by Send2Press Newswire. To view the original story, visit: https://www.send2press.com/wire/kiosk-association-july-2022-regulatory-snapshot/