WESTMINSTER, Colo., Oct 16, 2023 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Kiosk Industry and Kiosk Manufacturer Association News: Trade Shows – IAAPA is next month and here is our preview. Outdoor ticketing, wristband dispense. In January we are at NRF and are a sponsor of the NRF Foodservice Innovation Zone. We have two full passes to give away for free. HIMSS and NRA after those.
Restaurant News — Samsung with new VXT CMS for AI-powered voice order menu boards going into White Castle. New digital-only Whataburger. Outdoor pickup. Nice case study with Aramark.
ADA — December 2023 brings the new self-service & POS guidelines from the U.S. Access Board. Several notable entries for Braille and screen-readers.
Industry Buzz Around Our Watercooler — Couple of big deployments supposedly planned in restaurants. Charley’s is in progress and it might be Burger King will follow McDonald’s example and put in a thousand or so self-order kiosks. On the SCO front, it appears that Walmart is deploying its own SCO units (with lidar). That also would mean replacing the current software driving registers (Fastlane by NCR?). Our guess is the service people at NCR Bentonville are getting nervous. Costco is being sued for their website allowing all types of user info to be tracked by 3rd parties. Link below.
News Posts This Month
* ADA Assistive Braille Testimonial by Texas Instruments
* AI-Powered Drive Thru – Samsung and White Castle
* Kiosk Monitoring – Green, Yellow & Red Indicators are a Good Thing
* Kiosk Mode – Lenovo Android Computers Partners with Esper
* Browsing Trackers Eating Your Lunch….
* Payment Kiosk – Harris/Dynatouch Partner with KUBRA
* Walmart Self-Checkout Being Replaced? Updated weekly.
* Future Travel – Live check-in, AI self-service, and Oktoberfest!
* Videos – Dot Pad Tactile Display & Square Integration QSRs
* Raspberry Pi Kiosk – Computing for under $100 – Version 5
* NRF 2024 – We’ll be there
* JAWS Kiosk Screenreader Comes to Penn State Food Service
* AI-in-a-Box Assistive ADA With Language Translation
* CES 2023 Innovation Award for Braille & Tactile Display
* NRF Foodservice Innovation Zone – Free Full Conference Pass (2)
* Consumer-Centric Self-Service – How To Profit
* Digital-Only Restaurant by Whataburger Opens
* Kiosk Case Study – Aramark POS & Morrison Healthcare – In The Wild
* Costco being sued
* AV posts on AVIXA
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://kioskindustry.org/. Since 1996 for 27 years (three years to go before we retire).
For all verticals, visit The Industry Group: https://industrygroup.org/
Thanks to the companies who make this possible: https://kioskindustry.org/kiosk-manufacturer-companies/.
News Source: Kiosk Manufacturer Association
Related link: https://kioskindustry.org/
This press release was issued on behalf of the news source, who is solely responsible for its accuracy, by Send2Press Newswire. To view the original story, visit: https://www.send2press.com/wire/kiosk-industry-october-2023-self-service-association-exhibiting-iaapa-and-nrf/